Monday, August 25, 2008

I Love Sundays!

After church today I spent time with Charlie's family. We ate dinner together and enjoyed the Asendorf boys love of remote-control cars! we sat out on the grass in the front yard and watched. I love seeing Kimmy on Sundays, Charlie's sister-in-law. She's funny, easy to talk to, and she reminds me alot of my sister. It's like I gained a replacement sister for the time being lol. I'm glad she moved here from Utah.

Sundays are one of my favorite days!
Reasons being:
  1. it's part of the "two-fold weekend".
  2. I don't have to work.
  3. I have the wonderful blessing of going to church.
  4. I always learn something new.
  5. I study about my favorite person- Jesus Christ.
  6. I spend time with family and friends.
  7. I learn to be humble and grateful. It's a daily process that always needs to be nourished through prayer and studying.

Today, I was re-evaluating a list of personal goals I've made for this year. I am really hard on myself. Meaning, I beat myself up when I fail. I am extremely competitive with myself! However, this negative trait in my eyes is molding into something more positive.

Here are the positives I've come up with:

  1. I never settle for being mediocre.
  2. Whenever I attempt a new task, I am really passionate about the cause.
  3. As I beat myself up when I fall short, I subsequently drive my heart and soul to a newer level of determination.

So, here's my goal to everyone else. Whether you believe in some God, a Higher Being, or spirituality,

take time to breath and meditate! Life is all about self-discovery. I'm working on mine one day at a time.

Tomorrow I promise to post pictures. Sundays, I don't feel is appropriate to indulge in my ultra-fun hobby. hahaha

No comments: