Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We missed Karen's phone call


So I'm totally bummed right now because we missed Karen's phone call! :( She left the MTC today and she emailed last night that she would be calling at 6am from the airport. She's in Utah so there's a time difference. My dad said he'd wake me up when she called. Well she didn't call so my dad went on a walk. Karen ends up calling at 7:30 am. SOoo SAd! Which would make it 8:30 am in Utah. I was really looking forward to talking to her on the phone. Now we won't be able to talk to her til Christmas. Sigh...


Anyway, I have a goal of updating my blog everyday this week. Haha Which is good I started the goal on a Wednesday, so that leaves me only 3 more days of updating lol. I want to do a summer recap with photos, some scrapbook layouts I've worked on, maybe pictures of my scrapbook working area :)





I love Martha Stewart. Ever since I was little I seriously would watch her shows. lol Saturday mornings- before she had a talk show. I learned so much from her. I remember the day I learned how to properly fold a bed sheet. You grab the corners and tuck them in :) Well, I went in our linen closet and refolded everything Martha's way and it made the closet much more organized!

Anyway, for Karen's farewell party I needed some decorating ideas. I went here for ideas. Aren't those paper laterns so beautiful! I love butterflies.!!


















I really wanted to create this chandelier. Rachel Denbow is so inspiring. I love going to her site for decorating ideas and how she resurfaces her vintage finds. She's very clever :)

And lastly, these pom pom paper laterns. SOo fun! One day
when I get married these would be so cute. I'm imagining these laterns hanging in the center of each table with chandelier jewels and hints of glitter on the tips:) I have so many images saved of cute decorating ideas. I'll have to post more of them.








1 comment:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Miss you at the store!!!
and yes, please post some layouts, I would love to see them!!!